Published Jan 30 2017
How do you master audio for games ? Can you master audio for games ? Is it even a thing ? It turns out the answer is Yes, but it’s complicated.
In this episode we talk to Jay Fernandes about audio in games, including:
* Why audio is critical to the gaming experience
* How “mastering” works in games
* Challenges and solutions in gaming audio
* How to measure the loudness of a game, what to aim for, and why it matters
* Some of the best games for audio
* Why Jon hates “3D sound”
See the show notes for links to everything discussed.